- Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) is a leading cause of death in the US. An estimated 325,000 people die each year or nearly 1,000 people each day. This is 1 person every 2 minutes. THE CLOCK IS TICKING!
- ¼ of Sudden Cardiac Arrest victims receive bystander CPR.
- The American Heart Association estimates that effective bystander CPR, provided immediately after sudden cardiac arrest, can DOUBLE or TRIPLE a person’s chance of survival.
Why Register your Automated External Defibrillator (AED)?
- Publicly available AEDs are rarely retrieved and used because bystanders generally cannot see them and have no way to know if one is even available nearby.
- Registering your AED puts your device information into our database and ensures 911 dispatch receives the location information of your device. Your device will also be added to a national AED database.
- AEDs are now widely available in public places such as schools, airports and workplaces.
- Registering your AED adds the information to the network of public places willing to make a difference in their community.
About Project Helping Hearts:
Project Helping Hearts is an initiative to provide rapid response and care to victims of Sudden Cardiac Arrest in the public venue. This is accomplished through notification to CPR trained bystanders and automated external defibrillator (AED) location mapping. The hope is to increase survival rates by reducing collapse-to-CPR /collapse-to-defibrillation time.
Contact Us To See How You Can Register Your AED Today! It Only Takes A Few Minutes!
Call Andy at Winona Area Ambulance Service: 507-452-5351 or E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Could You? Would You? If You Could?
You Can Help Save A Life!
You can now register your AED(s) by completing the following form
Click here to register