During PEARS, students interact with real patient cases, and realistic simulations and animations to assess and stabilize pediatric patients experiencing respiratory and shock emergencies, and cardiopulmonary arrest. PEARS prepares students to provide appropriate lifesaving interventions within the initial minutes of response until a child can be transferred to an advanced life support provider.
Participants must possess a current Basic Life Support/CPR for Health Care Providers card. A copy of your current CPR card must be submitted with your registration form
PEARS Course Skills
- Improves competency in pediatric basic life support
- Uses realistic, clinical scenarios that encourage active participation – delivered through actual pediatric patient videos and lifelike animations
- Includes AHA’s systematic approach to assess, recognize, and stabilize pediatric patients in emergency situations
- Uses a hands-on class format to reinforce skills proficiency
- Enhances skills in recognizing respiratory emergencies, shock emergencies, and cardiopulmonary arrest
- Co-branded with the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
**Click on a date to register.**
October 15, 2019 PEARS Certification 0800-1600
**Important Note** When making a payment, use student’s name in the “patient name” box and PEARS in the “patient account number” box.