Thank you for your interest in employment with Winona Area Ambulance Service. We serve as the sole 911 advanced life support provider for the greater Winona area, covering nearly 100 square miles and serving a population of approximately 50,000.
Join our team! We are currently accepting applications for full-time and casual paramedics.
Our Employees Enjoy
- Station-based, 24 hour shifts on a “California” schedule (24 on, 24 off, 24 on, 24 off, 24 on, 4 days off).
- The opportunity to serve on EMS bike response teams at special events.
- Athletic and special events coverage including Winona State University football games, the Lifetime Trinona Triathlon, 5K’s, festivals, parades, races, and smaller sporting events.
- A variety of employee committees that participate in everything from equipment selection and evaluation to professional peer review and oversight.
- Opportunities to teach/assist various classes including CPR, First Aid, ACLS, EMR, PALS, and EMT.
- Progressive clinical protocols that allow for flexibility and independence.
- Built in overtime with full-time schedule averaging 52 hours/week.
- Type III ambulances (new addition every 2-3 years)
- Zoll X-series cardiac monitors
- Stryker Pro-Power Cot
- Stryker Pro-Stair Chair
- Dell rugged laptops
- Zoll tablet PCR
- LUCAS chest compression devices
- McGrath Mac Video Laryngoscopes
- Zoll Navigator Response tablets
- Cable tv, high speed internet, and streaming services
- Individual bedrooms with mounted televisions and reclining chairs
- Full kitchen and dining room
- Living room with individual recliners
- Men’s and women’s bathrooms with large vanities and showers
- Laundry facilities and staff lockers
- Crew office with computer, printer, and scanner
- Employee gym with treadmill, weight bench, free weights, and television
- Basketball hoop and bicycles
- Patio with green space and grill
- Front office and crew quarters located in the same building
- Classroom onsite for staff meetings, training, and classes
- Personal/professional development library and online education portal
- Holiday pay, including birthdays
- Competitive wages
- Overtime pay after 40 hours/week
- Uniform allowance
- Comprehensive employee assistance program
- Health & dental plan (full-time)
- 401k (full-time)
- 50% gym membership reimbursement (full-time)
- Education assistance (full-time)
- Paid time off (full-time)