There is a very clear emphasis on priorities in assessment and management of the ill or injured child. The practical application of cognitive and psycho-motor skills in pediatric resuscitation situations are emphasized in case presentations. Participants in the PALS course will have an opportunity to practice emergency techniques such as intraosseous needle insertion, ventilating a child with a bag valve mask, intubation, and cardioversion/defibrillation of a child. Target Audience: Physicians, Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, Paramedics, other Health Care Professionals.
Upon completing the PALS course, the participant will be able to:
- Define conditions which put a child at risk for cardiopulmonary arrest.
- List parameters which indicate cardiovascular compromise in the pediatric patient.
- Describe strategies for preventing cardiopulmonary arrest in children.
- Demonstrate skill in establishing and maintaining an airway in children.
- Discuss the sequence and priorities of pediatric resuscitation.
Basic Life Support/CPR for Healthcare Provider
(Copy of current CPR car must be submitted with your registration)
(Click on the course date to register.)
March 16, 2021 – PALS Renewal 0800-1600
April 13 & 14 , 2021 – PALS Initial 0800-1600 (MINIMUM OF 6 STUDENTS TO RUN)
May 18, 2021 – PALS Renewal 0800-1600
September 21, 2021 – PALS Renewal 0800-1600
November 16, 2021 – PALS Renewal 0800-1600
When making a payment, list the student’s name in the “patient name” box and PALS in the “run number” box.